Forever Entertainment, the developer’s behind the upcoming House of the Dead Remake for the Nintendo Switch system, has revealed more about what players can expect from the reimagining of the classic SEGA arcade game. The game will be exclusive for the Nintendo Switch system and naturally supports gyro aiming with the Joy-Cons along with multiple endings and it will also feature a Performance Mode to provide a smoother frame rate. Here’s what Forever Entertainment has revealed so far.
How will the controls work in HOTD Remake?
You may use both analog buttons and gyro aiming. Combined controls are also available. Gyro works for a pair of joy-cons (grip) as well as with a single joy-con. Pro controller works too. If you only own a Nintendo Switch Lite, you will be able to use standard controls without gryo.
The game has numerous options for the gyro, such as – reset, aim assist (available for analog as well), sensitivity, revert X/Y axis, control mode.
Is there original OST/VO included in the HOTD Remake?
Remake has a new OST and VA inspired by the original game. VO is available in English (subtitled in 9 languages).
What options and features will be available in HOTD Remake?
- local co-op (2 players)
- cheat codes
- gallery with monsters (including 3D model, name, description, and a weak point)
- horde mode (up to x15 more monsters)
- story mode
- gyro controls
- analog button controls
- Different scoring options (classic, modern)
- difficulty modes (easy, normal, hard, arcade)
- armory (unlockable weapons)
- enemies and paths from the original game
- multiple endings (3 endings from the original game)
- performance mode (more FPS)
- leaderboards with statistics (including IGT)
- different colors to choose for P1 and P2
- Hide UI / UI scaling
- photo mode
“Cowboy mode” (one player can use two weapons while dual-wielding joy-cons)