Talented independent video game studio Yacht Club Games has published a sales breakdown on their two most recent hits Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon and Cyber Shadow. The company says that both titles have sold the most units on the Nintendo Switch family of systems. In addition to this, the team says that for Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon they are “committed to doing 3 big additions to the game, adding huge features like online multiplayer, mod support on Steam, and more more more of everything.” Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon has so far sold a total of 35,000 units.
When talking about Cyber Shadow they said in their blog post that the 2D action title has sold 85,000 units across all platforms. “It’s important to note here that Cyber Shadow was a day 1 Xbox Game Pass game, which according to our estimates means more than 300,000 players got the game for free on Game Pass. So almost half a million people have taken a swipe at Cyber Shadow, which makes us truly happy!”
- Shovel of Hope released June 2014- 18 months development, 6 team members, $1.4 million
- Plague of Shadows released September 2015 – 12 months development, 9 team members, $1 million
- Specter of Torment released March 2017 – 15 months, 16 team members, $1.5 million
Here’s King of Cards’ and Showdown’s stats:
- King of Cards released December 2019 – 18 months, 16 team members, $2.5 million (Kickstarter budget 25k)
- Showdown released December 2019 – 12 months, 16 team members, $1.5 million (Kickstarter budget 50k)
- All of our games sales (after sales tax, partners and platform holders cut, etc) have generated Yacht Club Games more than 40 million dollars in revenue!!! That’s completely staggering to us. It’s allowed us to grow to a studio that’s now 25 strong, making 2 games at once!
Thanks to Greatsong1 for sending in the news tip!