Most of the attention may have shifted to Pokemon Legends Arceus, but that doesn’t mean that Nintendo and The Pokemon Company have forgotten about Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl. Updates for the remakes have still been releasing every now and then, and tonight has been no exception.
A brand new update has been released for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl. When you update, the game should be at version 1.2.0. Most of this update’s focus is on the expansion of Union Room functions and the addition of some new features for Colosseum battles, including the ability to battle other players using custom rulesets. The full patch notes can be seen down below.
- Union Room functions have been expanded.
- The maximum number of players you can play with via local or internet communication in Union Rooms has been increased to eight. Also, by selecting Greeting or Capsule Decorations, you can show each other your Trainer Cards or Capsule Decorations.
- Additional Colosseum battle feature has been added.
- Enter the Colosseum on the 2nd floor of a Pokémon Center to battle with other players using custom rulesets.
- In the Colosseum, you can set rules, such as the number of Pokémon to send into battle as well as their levels, and play Single Battles, Double Battles, or Multi Battles via local or internet communication.
- Pokemon Trading and Battles
- Some Pokémon acquired via unintended methods or illicit modification now cannot be used in Link Trades or Link Battles.
- Fixed some issues for more pleasant gameplay.